This post will describe how to deploy the vRA 8.6.2 using Easy Installer. Through Easy Installer, you can install vRealize Automation and VMware Identity Manager from a single interface. vRealize Automation can only be installed, configured, managed, and upgraded through vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. Here is the step-by-step process of installing VMware Identity Manager, vRealize Automation, and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager using the vRealize Easy Installer.
To install vRealize Automation and VMware Identity Manager there are system requirements that can be found at the VMware official link.
Let’s get started with the deployment steps!
- Click Install on the vRealize Easy Installer window.
- Click next
- Accept the license agreement and click next.
- Specify the vCenter IP/FQDN & credentials and Click Next.
- It will pop up for certificate warning, Click Accept to continue
- Choose an inventory location to deploy your VMs and click Next
- Click on Next after selecting the compute resource. Ensure that you create a VMware cluster before initiating the deployment, as the vRA only supports deployment on VMware clusters.
- Click next after choosing the datastore and checking/unchecking “Enable Thin Disk Mode” as per your requirements.
- Complete the network configuration and move to the next step.
- Click the Continue button after setting up a common password for all the products in the installation
- Click Next after configuring the Lifecycle Manager virtual machine name, IP address, hostname.
- Click the Next button after configuring IP, host name, admin id, and node size.
- We have the option of choosing Standard Deployment (Single Node) or Cluster Deployment (3 Nodes) in the vRealize Automation Configuration window. In this scenario, I will choose the standard deployment.
- Insert the license key of vRealize Automation, that you can find in your trial subscription.
- Upon completing deployment, we will be able to access the vRA, vIDM, vRLCM from the IP / FQDN and check the status of each component.
I am grateful for your reading of this post. Feel free to share the knowledge if you find it valuable.